What is fiber optic splitter?
What's fiber optic splitter
The Planar Waveguide PLC Optic Splitter (PLC Splitter) is an integrated waveguide optical power distribution device based on a quartz substrate, which has a small volume and a wide operating wavelength range.
Optic Splitter types: PLC optic splitter, plug-in optical splitter, box optical splitter, micro optical splitter, micro package optical splitter, tray optical splitter, rack-mounted optical splitter
Model: 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x16, 1x32, 1x64
Application: FTTH FTTB FTTX FTTP
TELHUA telecommunications Co., Ltd. supplies ancillary products for telecommunications, Orange, Telefonica, Vodafone.
High reliability, good uniformity of light distribution, etc. It is especially suitable for connecting the central office and terminal equipment in passive optical networks (EPON, BPON, GPON, etc.) and realizing the branching of optical signals.
PLC optical splitter Types
Bare fiber type, miniature (steel tube/module) type, ABS box type, splitter type, tray type, insert type, rack type...
2. Fiber optic splitter applications
Rack type: installed in a 19-inch OLT cabinet; when the fiber branch enters the home, the installation equipment provided is a standard digital cabinet; when the ODN needs to be placed on the table.
ABS box type: installed in a 19-inch standard rack; when the fiber is branched into the home, the installation equipment provided is an optical cable transfer box; when the fiber is branched into the home, it is installed in the equipment specified by the customer.
Bare fiber type: Installed in various types of pigtail boxes. Installed in various types of test instruments and WDM systems.[/caption]
Splitter type: ① installed in various types of optical distribution equipment. ②Installed in various types of optical test instruments.
Mini: ① installed in the optical cable connector box. ②Install in the module box. ③Install in the wiring box.
Plug-in type: This device is used for user access points in FTTX system that need to split light. It mainly completes the end of the optical cable entering the cell or building. It has the functions of fiber fixing, stripping, fusion, jumper, branching, etc. Then enter the end user in the form of home fiber optic cable.
Tray type: suitable for integrated installation and use of various types of optical fiber splitters and wavelength division multiplexers.
Choose high-quality fiber optic connectors and adapters, with low insertion loss and high return loss;
Note: The single-layer tray can be equipped with 1 point 16 adapter interface, and the double-layer tray can be equipped with 1 point 32 adapter interface.
3. advantages and disadvantages of fiber optic splitter
1) Loss is not sensitive to the wavelength of the transmitted light and can meet the transmission needs of different wavelengths.
(2) The light is evenly split, and the signal can be evenly distributed to users.
(3) Compact structure, small volume, can be directly installed in various existing transfer boxes, without special design to leave a lot of installation space.
(4) There are many shunt channels for a single device, which can reach more than 32 channels.
(5) The multi-channel cost is low, and the more the number of branches, the more obvious the cost advantage.
(1) The device manufacturing process is complex and the technical threshold is high. At present, the chip is monopolized by several foreign companies, and there are only a few domestic companies that can produce mass packaging.
(2) The cost is higher than that of the fusion taper splitter, especially in the low-channel splitter.
With the investment direction of optical fiber communication from the communication backbone, metropolitan area network, local area network, private network, etc. to the direction of FTTP, FTTH. The demand for optical splitters, the core optical device of FTTH, will also continue to expand.
TELHUA Communication Equipment Co., Ltd. is committed to providing high-quality and low-cost products for the fast-growing fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) market worldwide, such as various PLC or taper packaged optical splitters (Splitter)_Fiber Optic Splitter _Fiber optic splitter, its advanced technology, has the advantages of insensitive to wavelength, good splitting uniformity, high and low temperature resistance, small size, etc. The products are exported to Japan, the United States, South Korea, Europe and other countries in large quantities, and FTTH projects in this region China is also regarded as a product. At the same time, the company is working hard to develop optical communication devices and subsystems with higher integration, more complex waveguide design, more complete functions, and wider applications on the optical splitter technology platform, and strive to become an integrated optoelectronic device in the world in the near future.