Fiber Optic Patch Cord
- 32FO LC MPO Patch Cord Price:0.3~1.3USD
- Variable Optic Attenuator Fiber Patch cord Price:0.3~1.3USD
- LCUPC-FULLX LCUPC ARMOURED PATCH CORD Price:0.3~1.3USD
- 7.0mm 2 Cores Armoured branch outdoor fiber patch cord
- sc apc patch cord Price:0.3~1.3USD
- MTP Om4 50-125 Multi-Mode 8-12 fiber MTP MPO Fiber Optic Patch cord Price:0.3~1.3USD
- 3mm armored Patchcord SCUPC Price:0.3~1.3USD
- mu-mu fiber optic patch cord Price:0.3~1.3USD
- Single mode Simplex 10m E2000/APC-E2000/APC fiber optic patch cord Price:0.3~1.3USD
- Short boot Duplex FCUPC-FCUPC Single mode Fiber Optic Patch cord Fiber Jumper Price:0.3~1.3USD
- SCUPC-SCUPC SM G652D Simplex LSZH 2 meters Fiber Optical Patch cord Price:1USD
- SCAPC Optitap outdoor connector IP67 waterproof Optical patchcord Price:2USD
- SC UPC to SC UPC SM Simplex Optical Fiber Patch Cord 3Meter White Color Price:2USD
- ftth SC PC-SC PC Duplex OM3 MM Fiber Optic Indoor Patch Cord for telecommunications Price:1USD
- Fiber Optic indoor Jumper SC/APC- SC/APC 9/125 LSZH G657A2 Optic patch cord Price:1USD
- FTTH Fiber Optic Drop Wire Cable Patchcord G657a SC APC Drop Cable Patch Cord with optic fiber cable reel roll Price:11~13USD
- Waterproof Outdoor Optic Connectors, FTTA Patch Cord Compatible with Optitap Conector Price:1.3USD
- ODVA -LC Duplex IP67 Fiber Optic Cable Sealed Circular LC duplex ODVA patch cord,RRU(RRH) and Baseband unit Price:1.3USD
- FTTA waterproof PDLC outdoor armored fiber optic patch cord cable jumper with pdlc connector Price:1.3USD
- LCUPC to FULLAXS LCUPC Connector Compatible Fiber IP67 connector DX LC Armored Waterproof Patch Cord Price:1.3USD
What is a fiber optic patch cord?
A fiber optic patch cord is similar to a cable that contains different optic connectors. These connectors help in connecting to other devices. However, it is best to use patch cord cables with a similar type of device. Using a different fiber optic patch cord is the best option if the device has two different types of ports. You can find two types of patch cords in the market: Single-mode and Multimode. Singlemode is used for long distances as it allows better transmission of data. In contrast, a Multi-mode patch cord is suitable for transmitting data over short distances.
If you are wondering what the essential utility of a fiber optic patch cord is, fret not, Telhua will briefly sum it up for you. You need a patch cord when you want to connect two different components of a fiber optic system. A Fiber Optic Patch Cord comprises an optical fiber and a connector on either side of the end. It is one of the simplest elements yet plays a crucial role in the system’s performance. These can be classified into standard and special types of fiber optic patch cords based on the cable specifications, jacked type, mode of transmission, and connector type. The transmission mode is crucial as it indicates the movement of light beams inside the fiber. Multi-mode fiber patch cords are made of approximately 50 inches long fiberglass, whereas nine-inch long fiberglass is used to make single-mode patch cords.
What is the purpose of a fiber optic patch cord?
When choosing a fiber optic patch cord, it is crucial to decide on the length and type of the cable. There are 2 types of fiber optic cables available that is single-mode and multi-mode. A single-mode fiber cable is faster and allows a speed of up to 400Gbps. These are also good for short distances and premises cabling. On the other hand, multi-mode fiber cables can also extend for as far as 160 Kilometres. The advantage of using a fiber optic patch cord is that it is immune to electromagnetic, noise, and radio frequency interferences. These are lighter and more flexible than copper cables. The light weight makes the equipment more easily manageable. Plus, fiber optic patch cords are easier to install and demand low maintenance, making them a better choice than copper cables.
Hence, the purpose of a patch cord cable is to connect the devices. You can buy a duplex fiber optic patch cord that comes with two fibers and two connectors on both ends. Or, if you want a patch cord cable for data transmission over long distances, then go for a single-mode fiber optic patch cord.
How does a fiber patch cord work?
A fiber optic patch cord comprises several connectors on each end, and each connector is designed to support a specific device. You need to choose the same type of connectors on both the ends of the cable if the devices share a similar port. In case the port types are not the same, choose a different kind of connector. You can select a duplex or single-mode fiber optic patch cord as per your requirements. Duplex fiber patch cables have two fiber strands with two different connectors. These are used for connecting the high-speed network types of equipment. The primary differentiator between duplex and single-mode patch cords is that duplex features dual connectors at both ends, which is not the case with single-mode patch cords.
Telhua is a pioneer in making fiber optic equipment. You can choose from our list of fiber optic patch cords on our website. We ship globally!
What is a fiber optic patch cord used for?
Fiber optic patch cord is mainly used for the connection between optical fiber distribution frames or optical fiber information sockets to switches, the connection between switches, the connection between switches and computers, and the connection between optical fiber information sockets and computers, and can be applied to management subsystems , inter-device subsystem and workspace subsystem. Usually, ready-made fiber patch cords or patch cords can be purchased as needed.
What are the different types of patch cords?
FC type optical fiber patch cord: The external strengthening method is a metal sleeve, and the fastening method is a turnbuckle. Generally used on the ODF side (the most used on the patch panel)
SC type optical fiber patch cord: the connector for connecting the GBIC optical module, its shell is rectangular, and the fastening method is the plug-and-pull type, which does not need to be rotated. (Most used on routers and switches)
ST-type optical fiber patch cord: commonly used in optical fiber distribution frame, the outer shell is round, and the fastening method is turnbuckle. (For 10Base-F connections, the connectors are usually ST type. Often used in fiber optic distribution frames)
LC-type fiber patch cord: a connector for connecting SFP modules, it is made with a modular jack (RJ) latch mechanism that is easy to operate. (commonly used by routers)
How do you connect fiber patch cord?
If two optical fiber patch cords are connected, you need to purchase a special adapter, and then connect the two according to the instructions;
If you connect the optical fiber jumper to the port, you need to connect the two connectors. Matching is required; because the light jumper needs to be connected according to the actual situation, it is recommended to find a professional to install it to avoid some unnecessary troubles.
- Fiber Protection Sleeve
- Fiber Distribution Hub | Fiber Distribution Cabinet
- Fiber Optic Outlet
- Fiber Optic Termination Box
- Fiber Optic Adapter
- Fiber Optic Pigtail
- Fiber Optic Splitter
- Fiber Optic Patch Cord
- Fiber Optic Patch Panel
- Fiber Optic Attenuator
- Fiber Optic Cable
- Fiber Splice Closure
- Fiber Distribution Frame
- Outdoor Active Cabinet
- Fiber Fast Connector
- Fiber Optic Splice Tray