Outdoor Fiber Optic Termination Box Specs for Telecom Egypt
The TESPEC-TX-PO-302-V1R202001 required Distribution Box mush provide:
- Efficient cable connections between outside plant cables and equipment inside the buildings and communications facilities.
2. Integrate fiber splicing, storage and cable connections together in a unit. It can manage bundle type and ribbon type fiber cables, with large working space to integrate the pigtail, cables and adapters for fiber management.
- Telecommunications subscriber loop
- Fiber to the home(FTTH)
- The box should be able to be mounted on poles or fixed on wall
The required boxes may be for 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 48, 60 and 72 fiber and it may be with/without splitters according to TE' requirement.
A - CASING
- The fiber splicing, splitting, distribution can be done in the box.
- Enough space for adding splitter 'for the box without splitter'
- Clamping for feeder cable and drop cable, fiber splicing, fixation, storage, distribution..etc all in one.
- This fiber optic distribution box should be:
- Easy to operate
- Large working space to integrate the pigtail, cables and adapters.
- Secured and anti-theft locking mechanism and it must be able to be changed and available as a spare part.
- Standard size, light weight.
The Outdoor Wall Mounted Fiber Optic Termination Box Specs for Telecom Egypt must be wet-proof, water-proof, dust-proof and anti-aging
Protection level up to IP65 without any affect by fiaxtion/mounting technique
The box from material PC/ABS(70%/30%) (UV Resistance Grade - flame reactance) or any other euuivalent compound to realize the following approximate properties ranges shown in the next table.
|Tensile Strength||D 638||Mpa||45-50|
|Tensile Rate(elongation)||D 638||%||40|
|Flexural Strength||D 790||Mpa||70|
|Flexural Modulus||D 790||Mpa||2350|
|Impact Strength, lzod notched||D 256||KJ/m2||74|
Color: must be Ral. 7016(dark textured grey) or 70355(light textured grey)
All bolts or metal parts should be galvanized
3- Splice Tray
Splice trays management and design should offer ease of access to splice area and will accommodate heat shrink type of protection (the standard protection in Telecom Egypt). Splice Tray capacity should be confirmed. All accessories including splice tray covers, hingers or any other needed accessory should be highlighted and quoted.
- The cover is fixed to the base by suitable way
- Enclosure protection level: IP65 (Rubber seal between the lid and the base is required)
- Telecom Egypt logo (Printing on the top of the box cover)
5- The connectors:
The outdoor 24 port terminal box should be loaded and pre-terminated with grade 'B' connector SC/APC (or any connector type accordding to TE's requirments) with pigtail different color, diameter 0.9mm lenght 1m, G657.A2.
In case of deliver boxes with splitters:
- The compact PLC 1:X, it must be with grade 'B' connector SC/APC with pigtail different color, diameter 0.9mm length 1m, G657.A2
- Every splitter should be with inspection report.
- Different cable color for input and output (input: black / Output: Blue Orange Green Brown Grey White...).
- Manufacture name and serial number must be printed on the splitter surface.
6. Cable's inlets & Outlets
- The box should contain a cable clamp which will be suitable for most of the cables types especially the Laminted Sheath Cable type.
- Earthing wire
- Knockout - Type cable entries
- The box base has to contain soft pvc/rubber cable glands (for different cable diameter). it is required for drop cables.
- Enough outlets per each box capacity (ready for be rom upper edge or lower edge)
7. Temperature Range
- Operation -20°C to 60°C
- Installation & assembly -5°C to 50°C
- Storage -25°C to 70°C
B - Splitters and Pigtails
Splitters according to specs no. TESPEC -TX -PO -307- V1 R2016 01.
Pigtails according to specs No. TESPEC -TX -PO -309- V1 R2016 01.
- The box shall be provided with the following accessories:
- 2 key made from stainless steel
- Suitable plastic flasher and suitable. Nickel coated screws per each box for fixation
- Instllation instruction in both Arabic and English is required as an additional guide to the professional installer.
Each box is in a separate carton box
Each box carton has to include the following data:
- Telecom Egypt logo
- Supplier Name
- Contract Reference No.
- Item Number
- Sampleas are required
A compliance sheet should be provided to identify degree of compliance.
A photo for cable organizing inside the box should be provided
All supplied technical specifications should refer to the applicable standards and specifications for the design and testing of the offered solutions.